[Cuis-dev] Namespaces?

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Mon May 13 09:34:35 PDT 2019

Hi,

>> Every now and then I wish we had namespaces. What's the simplest
>> namespace-like thing that could allows us to simultaneously load two
>> packages with clashing class names?

do we really need namespaces? Or do we need a facility to
detect nameclashes and then rename the package to something
fitting to the current naming situation?

Namespaces normally are just a cludge to solve name clashes.
As it could be that some other package on the world names
itself "org.coolcompany.Model" and then you have the same issues
again.

I think renaming a package and all the self references in it so
that it can be integrated into the global single level namespace
makes more sense, atleast to me.

My two cents,
Philip