[Cuis-dev] History behind tempX locals?

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Sun Sep 22 13:30:55 PDT 2019

Hello,

sometimes I stumbled over methods in cuis which don't
have comments and have local variables named temp1, temp2,
..., tempN. So I wondered if at some point in the long
forgotten past of cuis the image was exported and the
source code was somehow lost, so the system resorted
to decompiling the method and storing just the bare
code without any readability hints. Like naming variables
according to their contents or comments.

I'm just interested in the history behind these.

Thanks for your time,
Philip