[Cuis-dev] Haver a Cuis based Smalltalk with Modules

Gerald Klix Gerald.Klix at klix.ch
Fri Apr 30 05:45:45 PDT 2021

Well, yes and no.

Pros: It's a complete solution.
Cons: It's such a beast, AFIR it even features a
modified compiler that traps instance variable
access.

There was a discussion about WriteBarriers
which triggered Chris Muller to respond.

http://cuis-smalltalk.org/pipermail/cuis-dev_cuis-smalltalk.org/2019-February/thread.html#4113

some messages got cross-posted on Vm-dev, that discussion continued there:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2019-February/thread.html#30474

 From that discussion I inferred porting would be
a real big task.

If Chris will spend some time to help me,
I would consider a port.

Just my €0.03,

Gerald