[Cuis-dev] new video. Installing Cuis-Smalltalk in Linux

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 06:03:22 PST 2021

Hi Juan,

indeed, i am sure a good parts of users will prefer the text release,
also, the text release has the benefit it can be updated more easily.
For this reason in the cookbook i link both:
https://github.com/nmingotti/The-Cuis-CookBook/wiki/Install-and-run-Cuis-in-Linux
But these are people landing in the "cookbook"  are by nature "readers".

If a user is on YouTube he is definitely looking for a video, he is a
"watcher".

When I started (not so long ago) I remembered very well the puzzlement,
isn't it "apt-get install squeak" ? And the many times i mistook the image
or chose the wrong VM. So in the video i pushed a bit on details that
derailed me.
I put an explicit parallel to the JVM, to anchor on probably existing
knowledge.

i bet it is useful for beginners, people who never run Smalltalk, we
will know in some time, if people watch it
is was worth something. For the moment a user in Reddit said "thank you!"
which make me hope it wasn't a total time waste ;)

PS. I do my best not to say bullshit in the videos, but if you detect them
just let me know, I will try to amend.

Bye
Nicola