[Cuis-dev] Getting Started instructions directory structure

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Tue Dec 21 07:51:50 PST 2021

Hi Bernhard,

On 12/21/2021 5:53 AM, Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> Thank you for the fast response. Now the shell scripts work as intended.
>
> One thing I am still unsure about: Where do you put the VM and where the working images, in MyProject or in Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev? If in Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev the Git repository gets dirty because of various files that get created, e.g. ThePig.txt.

I put the VM at MyProject, and sometimes save images in
Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev. I don't have a defined process for removing unneeded
files. Maybe a couple of additional shell scripts could be of use.

> I guess the project specific packages would go into a subdirectory of MyProject like Cuis-Smalltalk-MyProject, which would be a Git repository, right?

Yes. That is the best way to keep them organized.

> If you work on different projects, would you clone all package repositories for each of them?

This is matter of personal preference. I usually use a single main
folder. But if I was maintaining an end user application, I'd give it
its own Cuis setup, to do updates to Cuis only when I'm willing to fix
any possible breaking.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich