[Cuis-dev] Regarding SqueakSSL

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Wed Jun 2 11:03:12 PDT 2021

As a comment on this, I've tested in Squeak 6.0alpha a package by Christoph Thiede,
TelegramSmalltalkBot which I believe uses SqueakSSL.  It's a package for Telegram.

I think it essentially uses Webclient to connect to https://api.telegram.org from within Squeak.

It certainly loads / uses the SqueakSSL plugin.

This is just a note with an example of a real usage (quite an interesting "bot" package),
which uses Webclient + SSL.

Hopefully one day it is ported to Cuis, but I doubt this because this TelegramSTBot seems to load a lot of Metacello stuff,
and my understanding is that Cuis is not very much Metacello oriented (unless I misunderstood).

But it would be a nice usage of SSL in Cuis.

Anyway ... in Cuis ...  if I fileIn  ./Packages/Features/WebClient.pck.st

and then fileIn the SqueakSSL Tests, the tests in Cuis load the SqueakSSL plugin and the tests run fine.

14 run, 14 passed, 0 failed, 0 errors

Regards,
David Stes