[Cuis-dev] Porting from Pharo

Jan Vrany jan.vrany at labware.com
Mon May 3 01:42:45 PDT 2021

On Sat, 2021-05-01 at 16:15 -0400, Boris Shingarov/Employee/LW-US
wrote:
> > but is it known to delete the code authors?
> > Maybe because now that information is held in iceberg/git?
>
> Perhaps I am talking stupid things, but I was under the impression
> that iceberg/git "author" and pharo "author" are unrelated concepts,
> the latter being what Pharo asks me every time I save a new image?

Yes, when storing files in Tonel repos, the author in Squeak-style
timestamp is lost and the only author recorded is the commit
author (and commiter) in git.

It still asks for an author and stores it in Squeak-style method
timestamp, but this is disarded when writing files to Tonel.

Jan