[Cuis-dev] DSL GUI framework

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Sep 26 06:47:46 PDT 2021

On 2021-09-25 02:09, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
> I am a bit in a hesitating/stalled situation: most of the DrGeo core is
> functioning, now I need to work on the GUI with dialogs, toolbars,
> panels, wizards.  Could write from scratch but there is may be
> something more general to do, overall useful for Cuis community. But I
> am clueless how you design a GUI framework and it's likely a lot of
> work.
..

Hilaire,

Perhaps we can do this as a community.

DSL Fundaments:
  - Basic Objects of discourse
  - Operations on Objects
  - Means of Composition

Are you thinking more like LabView (connect components) or widget
construction kit?

Is this for you or for students?

Note UI Design Patterns:

https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/06/40-helpful-resources-on-user-interface-design-patterns/

Simple slider (Color Editor) radio buttons (Layout Editor) examples in
Morphic-Misc1. Drag'n drop in Morph-MetaProperties.

HTH,
-KenD