[Cuis-dev] [QUESTION] UTF-8 Editors and Packages

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Tue Oct 18 12:04:36 PDT 2022

On 10/13/2022 3:22 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Once I have UTF8 editors enabled, packages are saved in UTF8 format.
> Which leads to problems during installation, if UTF8 editors are not
> enabled and the packages contain UTF8 characters.
>
> How can I force packages to be saved in Latin 15?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Unfortunately  no. The reason is that once we enable Unicode for source
code, we can not guarantee that Latin 15 will be enough. If you need to
save non-ascii characters in Latin 15,  I suggest not enabling Unicode
editors. Note that you can still use TrueType and Vector Graphics, though.

Hope this helps.