[Cuis-dev] [Ann] First sketch of Cuis 6.1 release - Please REVIEW and TEST!

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu Dec 21 12:57:37 PST 2023

On 12/21/23 9:42 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 12/21/23 9:14 PM, Juan Vuletich wrote:
>> On 12/20/2023 12:40 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I am working on a new folder structure for Cuis. The main goal is to
>>> make Cuis easier to download and run for new users. It is a bit like
>>> an "all-in-one": it includes 64 bit VMs for Linux (x64), Windows
>>> (x64) and MacOS(x64 and M1).
>>>
>>> The repo can be cloned locally, or the zip file automatically
>>> generated by GitHub can be downloaded and expanded in some folder.
>>>
>>> This new structure will be used first for the upcoming 6.1 release,
>>> that will be separated from the main rolling release repo. But it
>>> will be used for the main repo afterwards. This is why I need you
>>> folks to review and test it, to see that I'm not breaking your
>>> software and workflow.
>>>
>>> The current pre-alpha experiment is at
>>> https://github.com/jvuletich/CuisExperiments003
>>>
>>> So, again, please review it, test it and give feedback.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> I've pushed a new one at https://github.com/jvuletich/CuisExperiments004
>>
>> Biggest change is handling of auto-created folder for user files
>> (user changes, fileout, user preferences, etc).
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> I retried installing Haver into it.
> This time it produces a really strange error.
> Please see the attached screen shot.
>
> I will save the image with exception logs enabled an retry.
>
> Could you please enable exception logging in the next 42 experiments?
>

> I like the idea of a directory for new packages and user files.
> I strongly dislike the idea that it writes outside it's directory.
> Personally I keep all my git checkouts in one directory,
> now I have a non checkout directory in that clean structure.
>

> HTH,
>
> Gerald

Please find attached the promised debug log.
The issue results from some old and successful
trials to fuzz 7zip with AFL. Interestingly these
weird file names also confuse Cuis.

I will move your experiments into a sub-directory
of their own.

BTW: The separate log-directory makes life easier.

HTH,

Gerald