[Cuis-dev] [Ann] First sketch of Cuis 6.1 release - Please REVIEW and TEST!

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Thu Dec 21 13:31:07 PST 2023

On 12/21/2023 5:42 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I retried installing Haver into it.
> This time it produces a really strange error.
> Please see the attached screen shot.

That message looks like it comes from #encodedByteCountAt: (that is not
visible in your screenshot).

Does the debugger work? Can you see where the invalid UTF-8 bytes comes
from, and what they are?

> I will save the image with exception logs enabled an retry.
>
> Could you please enable exception logging in the next 42 experiments?

Shouldn't adding the -e command line option suffice?

> I like the idea of a directory for new packages and user files.
> I strongly dislike the idea that it writes outside it's directory.
> Personally I keep all my git checkouts in one directory,
> now I have a non checkout directory in that clean structure.
>

> HTH,
>
> Gerald

It is hard to satisfy everybody. Some people asked that the repo doesn't
become dirty gratuitously when the user hasn't modified any of the
provided files. There's also the need for a 'Project' folder that holds
optional packages, project code, etc. In my previous email I commented
on the new cmdline options to separate the 'User' folder, or make it the
same as Cuis Base. Would that work for you?