[Cuis-dev] Capturing Debugger window

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Thu Dec 28 14:09:58 PST 2023

Hi Hilaire,
 you have to go to the main menu and select "DenotativeObject Browser". It
will open a browser for "denotative objects" (objects a la Self, objects
that not need to be instances of classes).
 At the second list (the objects list) right click, select Add Object in
Category, enter an object name (ie. AlanKay), a category name (ie.
example), then add a method, for example:
m1
  self m2.

Save it. On the method press "cmd+r" and it will allow you to debug that
method. You will see that the debugger is simpler (less buttons, etc) and
it does not allow you to debug code that is not defined in a denotative
object.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Wed, Dec 27, 2023 at 11:22 AM Hilaire Fernandes <hfern at free.fr> wrote:

> Thank Hernán,
>
> From the CuisUniversity, how can I have an example of the
> DenotativeObjectDebugger in action.
>
> Especially, I want to see how it can capture an Error event occurring in
> the  image. Indeed, when I execute "1/0" in the workspace, I got the
> standard Debugger window and model.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
> Le 11/12/2023 à 13:38, Hernán Wilkinson a écrit :
>
> Hi Hilaire,
>  if you download CuisUniversity (cuisuniversity.org) and look for
> references to DenotativeObjectDebugger, you will see an example on how to
> do it.
>
>  I hope it helps!
>  Hernan.
>
> --