[Cuis-dev] [squeak-dev] Re: ESharedNear eventual sending (was Re: Re: Read-only objects?)

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Thu Jul 6 16:33:30 PDT 2023

I’m working to get Crypto-rabbit.21.mcz loading into Cuis. Parse Issues. I’m getting better at unzipping, renaming, filing in and testing Monticello packages. I WISH and PRAY support for Cuis capable with Installer and MCZ & MCM loading and writing. MonticelloBrowser & ConfigUI, please. I’ve added them to this traffic.

SharedNear needs Handlers, perhaps Scope, but no Cipher or Socket. OSPipes, perhaps?

Nevertheless less, I rolled the bones of ThunkStack, Session, Server, ThunkRoot, ThunkLayer, Thunk, Buffers(?). ServerConfig and SessionConfig. RawData, Encoded, Encrypted, MAC, FEC traffic, Exception Headers. . I’ve included Customs, Immigration, Encoding, Operations, SecurityOps. Ummm…

I’ll need to move in Cipher. I am a complete idiot sometimes. You see? I left out CipherThunkMaker when moving ThunkStack into Crypto as Whisper. Hahahahaha!!! I decided to strip it. 🫠🫡🤗😱😶‍🌫️🥶🤬

I’m trying to establish the Shell framework in Crypto. In loading a separate Protocol package, such as EParrotTalk, SSL, SSH, Signal and so. Config it and launch a Server and rendezvous Sessions, in that Protocol.

However, I don’t think SharedNear is going to need all that. But it’s properly there.

Regarding use of the mysterious #beReadOnky, I wish to use as a reverse Semaphore, that acts on whether isReadOnly to enter a critical and flip ReadOnly off, make assignment to the actual, then flip back on ReadOnly. Only one Vat will have a Near, while all other cats scheduling on instances of <(Virtualized)ProcessorScheduler> will only have SharedNears for reading.

I have a method on EAbstract class to meta-build a subclass of ENear’s #value OE object (Originally Eventualized)’s Class, as a subclass of EFar. I’m not sure it works, I fear I’ve lost the #copyMethodsOfClass: method. 😢.

I had it working perfectly, the methods are written to the new ENearMorph subclass of Far, I implemented the methods with forwarding the send to the handler.

In the case of ESharedNear’s subclasses for each particular OE, using the ReadOnly analyzer produce methods to access , as ENear, return ENearPromise!!! and return the result immediately, so subsequent sends evaluate immediately.

When not ReadOnly, generate a method to forward the send to Alice’s handler and again return a NearPromise. The SharedNearPromise is not needed, just an appropriate handler and a resolver.

Do I need a Scope? Mmm. 🤔

Cheers!

••• rabbit ❤️‍🔥🐰