[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Unicode Input in Editor

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu Jul 27 03:27:02 PDT 2023

Hi all, Hi Juan,

I missed some means to enter arbitrary Unicode characters
in text editors. For reasons I do not understand
the usual Ctrl-u-based X11 hack does not work with Cuis.

Therefore I hacked Editor>>#normalCharacter: to convert
strings like '\+161 ' -- note the trailing blank --
to the corresponding Unicode code point.
The integer is interpreted as hexadecimal.

As a nice effect of inheritance this
works in any Smalltalk editor, too.

HTH and Best Regards,

Gerald