[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Unicode Input in Editor

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Fri Jul 28 02:58:18 PDT 2023

Hi Juan,

Great that you like it.

Sometimes I also miss the opportunity
to type just \Right for ⇒
(who knows by heart that its code-point is 21D2)
in text editors.
Therefore I am tempted to move this functionality up
form SmalltalkEditor to Editor (or TextEditor).
Are there only objections from your or the
communities side?

While I am talking/writing about it:
There is no way to discover all the available
backslash-shortcuts, unless you dig deep and find
UnicodeCodePoint class>>#initializeNamedCharactersMap.
It would be nice if code completion will cover
these cases.

Just my 0.01€,

Gerald