[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Unicode Input in Editor

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Fri Jul 28 06:38:12 PDT 2023

Hi Gerald,

On 7/28/2023 6:58 AM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> Great that you like it.
>
> Sometimes I also miss the opportunity
> to type just \Right for ⇒
> (who knows by heart that its code-point is 21D2)
> in text editors.
> Therefore I am tempted to move this functionality up
> form SmalltalkEditor to Editor (or TextEditor).
> Are there only objections from your or the
> communities side?

Yes. I thought the same when I reviewed your code. A little code
duplication could be avoided,  and all of them would be available in any
editor. A detail that would be good is what ends the escaped sequence.
In your code it is a space. In Luciano's it is anything but a letter.
Perhaps anything that but #isAlphaNumeric makes sense.

> While I am talking/writing about it:
> There is no way to discover all the available
> backslash-shortcuts, unless you dig deep and find
> UnicodeCodePoint class>>#initializeNamedCharactersMap.
> It would be nice if code completion will cover
> these cases.

That would be nice. Not sure how complicated it would be, though.