[Cuis-dev] Smalltalk 2023 event - Buenos Aires

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Wed Oct 25 01:16:55 PDT 2023

Hi folks,

Who will join the Smalltalk 2023 event at Buenos Aires 6/11 to 10/11?

I will be there from the Saturday 4 of November to the Saturday 10 of
November.

I will be very happy to meet people of the community to chat about Cuis
and Smalltalk, or other topics.

I will attend the Smalltalk Camp too, and I have suggested working
groups, if any is interested email. Please share to any local person who
might be interested. The topics 1. and 2. are only slightly technical.

 1. *Spanish Dr. Geo DSL.*
    Translate to Spanish the DrGeo DSL programming interface. The target
    audiences are middle/high school students, after translating they
    will design geometric sketches and mathematics visual models with
    Spanish Smalltalk idioms.
    Required skills: Spanish native language, optional basic Smalltalk
    knowledge
 2. *Spanish Dr. Geo teaching units for kids.*
    Translate to Spanish the programming teaching units I have been
    using successfully with my students.
    The material is in French, we  can be assisted by google translate.
    Required skills: Spanish native language, LibreOffice editing,
    optional basic Smalltalk knowledge and educative experience are a plus.
 3. *Design a Cuis-Smalltalk package for a prototype GUI App*.
    The objective is to have the basic structure to rely on when
    building a GUI App: Model-View-Presenter, app system management,
    icons management, localization, IDE and App build scripts,...
    Required skills: Smalltallk
 4. *Brainstorming on a revisited Dynabook*
    Discuss on the software, hardware and economic concepts of a
    Dynabook for all.
    https://github.com/hilaire/dynabook

--
GNU Dr. Geo