[Cuis-dev] OMeta working again for Cuis 6.3

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Sun Apr 14 06:33:04 PDT 2024

On 4/10/2024 5:37 PM, Michał Olszewski via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I fixed OMeta package from pbella so now it works again for Cuis 6.3
> (>6291). Yay! I made a couple of tests with the grammar definitions
> and syntax highlighting and so far it's kind of back to the working
> state:
>
> https://github.com/michalo1334/OMeta-Cuis
>
> Just requested pull to original repo:
> https://github.com/pbella/OMeta-Cuis but not sure if the author is
> still active in the community.
>
> However, in OMeta-derived classes it incorrectly highlights instance
> variables in red and displays := instead of <-. If someone has time to
> take a quick look at the Shout styler code, would be great. Right now
> it's an ugly fix so that there is any highlighting at all -  it's nice
> to see a colored text.
>
> And then there is the problem to make OMeta first class citizen
> (debugging, improve performance, maybe even use it for Cuis compiling
> & code generation machinery?).
>
> Cheers,
> Michał

Hi Michal,

I don't know much about OMeta and have never used it. Still, some
possibly helpfun hints:
- Cuis includes a global preference to control whether assignment is
shown as ':=' (default) or as '<-' (older default). Play with World /
Preferences / Show ST-80 Assignments
- In #privateStyle you send Object as the parameter to
#classOrMetaClass:. I guess that if you use the actual class,
SHTextStylerOMeta2 will know about instance variables.

Hope this helps,