[Cuis-dev] Next meeting in May

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Apr 23 12:45:58 PDT 2024

I think a generally useful topic is "You don't lose your work".

Pulling the plug on your computer or setting Smalltalk to `nil` is not
something one recovers from in most other IDEs.

Having a ChangeSet is all well and good, but when and how do you use it?

What is the difference between a fileout and a change set?  When to use
packages/changesets/fileouts?

What about changing the shape (ivars) of the class?  How does this work?
  What checks are in place?  What breaks things?

How does one, in general, manage change?  What should one be aware of as
one write code?

What about repeatedly going back to an old image during "catastrophic
debugging?"

I find I under utilize ChangeSets, but when I need them, I really,
really need them!

A better understanding of this topic would be good for the community
(IMHO).

$0.02,
-KenD