[Cuis-dev] TextModelMorph horizontal scrolling isses

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Feb 4 10:31:40 PST 2024

Hi folks,

I played around with TextModelMorph and noted some minor issues.

If I do the following:
(TextModelMorph withText: 'This is a long long long line.')
	wrapFlag: false;
	openInWorld.

1. The morph opens with a horizontal scrollbar as expected. If I click after the first long and enter carriage return in order to split the line into two short lines I expect the horizontal scrollbar to disappear. However, it is unchanged.

The reason seems to be that the InnerTextMorph width is not reduced. I tried calling adjustExtent and fit. However, this does not reduce the width. The reason for that is that TextComposition maxRightX is not updated. InnerTextMorph>>#resetTextComposition does the trick. However, I am not sure if calling this is the right fix compared to somehow fixing TextComposition>>#recomposeFrom:to:delta:.

2. If I add a new line and type an even longer line the horizontal scroll bar’s width gets smaller as expected. However, the text I enter is not scrolled into view. The method PluggableScrollPane>>#scrollToShow: seems to only do vertical scrolling but not horizontal scrolling.

The attached changeset seems to fix the second issue.

Cheers,
Bernhard