[Cuis-dev] [DEFECT] #copyFrom:count: for OrderedCollections

Jon Raiford raiford at labware.com
Fri Feb 9 12:11:21 PST 2024

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  I don’t disagree with anything you said and I very much appreciate hearing your philosophy on changes.

I just want to clarify one thing. I didn’t mean to suggest a high maintenance effort regarding the code versions. Ideally any concept of tracking compatibility would be somewhat automatic (the code was last developed on version x, etc) with the option of potentially tagging it later when an incompatibility is found. But even that wasn’t fully thought out.  Regardless, my intention was to share a somewhat outsider’s opinion about dangers of breaking changes and it was not to push for a specific solution.

Jon