[Cuis-dev] Cuis on linux 32 bits

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Tue Feb 27 04:14:56 PST 2024

Hi Pierre,

Welcome to the Cuis community. You are not yet subscribed to this email
list, so as a list admin, I made an exception for this message to be
allowed. In the future, please subscribe to the list.

(below).

On 2/22/2024 6:17 AM, Pierre Bulens via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use Cuis Smalltalk on a ( Intel) 32 bits machine,
> under Linux.
>
> The last version 6-2 runs only on 64 bits machine, as I can see.
>
> What should I do ?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.,
>
> Pierre Bulens

You need to jump into "advanced" mode. Cuis comes bundled with VMs for
MacOS, Linux x64 and Windows x64. However, Cuis is very portable and can
run on many other platforms, such as Linux x86. For any 32 bits system,
use the image and changes found at CuisImage/32BitsImage/ together with
the same .sources file as the 64 bit system, found at CuisImage/ . Run
these with an appropriate VM. We recommend the "(Latest) Release" of the
OpenSmalltalk VM ( https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm )
for your platform. In your case it would be
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases/download/202312181441/squeak.cog.spur_linux32x86.tar.gz