[Cuis-dev] Editorial comments to The Cuis-Smalltalk Book

Ezequiel Birman ebirman77 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 12:02:22 PST 2024

I don't think I can export multiple pages as a single document. Currently,
it is possible to export annotations as a JSON file for each single web
page; they also provide an API for developers. What could be of use to you
is reading my public annotations at https://hypothes.is/users/EBirman. I
could also create a non-public group and add you to it once you have an
account.

Please note that you don't need to create an account and log in in order to
read annotations at the previous link or when browsing the book; you only
need to install either the chrome extension
https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/hypothesis-web-pdf-annota/bjfhmglciegochdpefhhlphglcehbmek
or the Firefox plug-in
https://github.com/diegodlh/unofficial-hypothesis-extension. You'd only
need to create an account if you want to reply to annotations.

If for whatever reason you cannot or don't want to install the plugins, I
asked the people at hypothesis to enable their proxy service for the
Cuis-Smalltalk Book; for example to read the preface you could browse
https://via.hypothes.is/https://cuis-smalltalk.github.io/TheCuisBook/Preface.html.
That is, you'd need to prepend “https://via.hypothes.is/” to each web page.

I considered alternatives, like

   1. adding texinfo comments
   <https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo//manual/texinfo/html_node/Comments.html>
   to my fork of the book (which will make harder for us to track and reply
   them, hindering the discussion)
   2. writing to this mailing list (which is mainly devoted to Cuis
   development)
   3. opening an issue in the book's GitHub repository (which is perhaps
   too much for a comment that might not even be an issue but just a matter of
   opinion)
   4. scheduling a videoconference (if you have the time)

I am willing to use whatever you and the other authors say; but please
indulge me and let's at least try this annotation thing at least once; I
really believe it will ease discussion.

--
Eze

A sábado, 30/12/2023, 15:36, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev <