[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] StringRequestMorph with buttons

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu Jan 4 10:17:49 PST 2024

At my working PC I do have a keyboard.
But I often add extension categories, which has the following
workflow:Select a method category (with a left click).

 1. Right click for the pop-up menu.
 2. Left click on the extension category menu item
 3. Left click on the appropriate menu item.
 4. Now a StringRequestMorph appears and I have to switch to the keyboard.

Given that the remaining work is just drag and drop,
this need to press Enter on the keyboard became more and more annoying.

I never tried Cuis/Haver on my wife's surface book in tablet mode,
but I suppose I would have to activate the on-screen-keyboard
just to press Enter.

I hope this is reason enough for this this change.

Concerning the StringRequestMorph as such:
I would love to add a super-class called TextRequestMorph,
which will be used to enter help texts.
With the existing implementation you can format
the text entered. The formatting will be thrown away,
when the entered text is answered, which is a pity.

There are other issues:
If you never close the request morph, it will exist for ever,
even if the browser that created it, is gone.

Best Regards,

Gerald