[Cuis-dev] macOS directory and file names containing colons

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Mon Mar 4 10:26:25 PST 2024

Hi Bernhard,

Interesting issue. $: as a directory separator was only used for Classic
Mac OS, that ran only on Motorola 68k and PowerPC. According to
Wikipedia, its support status is "Historical, unsupported as of February
1, 2002", That's 22 years ago. I think it is safe to abandon support for
$: as a directory separator.

Just pushed an update for this.

Thanks,