[Cuis-dev] Mac high resolution display

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Tue Mar 5 06:03:36 PST 2024

Hi Hilaire,

On 3/4/2024 7:25 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> What is the proper way to detect screen density at startup?
>
> DisplayScreen>>hostOSScaleFactor?
>
> To detect at start up the screen density on Mac or other high
> resolution display.

This works on Mac. I don't know about Windows or Linux.

> How do you guys adjust graphic element size on Mac Retina display?
>
> Only though the change of the font size?

That's what I usually do.

Have you tried to use the halo to scale your topmost morphs so they
cover the screen? There could be some slowdown, noticeable on Browsers
on slow machines, but most likely unnoticeable using DrGeo on a modern
Mac. This could be the easiest. Just scale the top morphs to whatever
`Display extent`. Please try this and tell how it goes. It will be
interesting!

Cheers,