[Cuis-dev] About complexity in the face of the user

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Mar 17 14:29:19 PDT 2024

On 2024-03-17 03:33, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
> What Adele describes are the challenges I am facing in DrGeo end user
> scripting. The extended model is the interactive geometry model of Dr.
> Geo.

My thought was to look at blocks languages
(Scratch/BYOB/GPBlocks/Blocky/..) and make a small blocks language based
on DrGeo construction semantics (objects, operations,
composition/extension).

There was a Scratch done some time back for the RaspBerry Pi called
NuScratch, so we should be able to get the Smalltalk source code:

   https://map.squeak.org/package/b4fe8b70-1fba-43f2-ac42-b487e092a0d4

Right, also, there is a NuScratch download for RaspBerry Pi which works
on my RasPi 4.

As the Scratch code has strategies for dealing with errors, and one
should be able to present/debug scripts in block format.  I note a
ScratchProcess, ScratchEvent, ScratchStackFrame, ... so looks like many
step/debug/recover details worked out.  Just a small matter of porting.
;^)

Hey, and we have much better graphics!  :)

$0.02,
-KenD