[Cuis-dev] Hello and a few questions!

Brian Brown brian at codecleric.com
Fri Mar 22 11:16:23 PDT 2024

Hi All,

I'm diving back into the Smalltalk world via Cuis - I did some Pharo/Seaside stuff in 2017, so it's been a while!
Cuis is wonderful so far, but I have a couple of questions. I'm using the 6090 image.
About the TheWorldMenu - there seems to be a LOT of instances in the image. Is that normal?
Invisible World Menu in bottom right? Try clicking around in the bottom right hand area of the World, and it behaves like there is an invisible World Menu sitting there. I was writing code, had a lot of windows open and there was free space down there that I clicked on to bring up the the menu. No menu came up, but the choice "Save Release and Quit" happened, corrupted my changes file and I lost about an hour. I've since tested this by clicking in that area, and the various menu items on the World Menu do get activated.

Web server recommendation? I've found things that were ported to earlier versions of Cuis (10-11) years ago, like Aida, and an incomplete cuis-web package. I'm willing to work on updating things to 6.2, but where should I start? I want a simple framework I can use with [HTMX](https://htmx.org).

Anyway, I'm excited to get back into Smalltalk and contribute to Cuis.
Thanks much!
--Brian