[Cuis-dev] How many lines of code is Cuis? (both alone and Cuis+Cog)

Ian Jeffries mail at ianjeffries.net
Tue Mar 26 10:55:23 PDT 2024

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get a rough count of how many lines of code make up Cuis. I
was also curious how many source lines of code (SLOC) are in the whole tech
stack, which I understand to be Cuis itself + the Cog VM.

Here's what I've currently got:

Cuis is about 100 thousand SLOC, mainly in the `./packages` folder. I
wasn't sure if `./CoreUpdates` should be counted as well. If it is then the
total is about 120 kSLOC.

The Cog VM is enormous, almost 3 million SLOC in `./src`. I'm guessing
that's even missing some code, for instance on Unix I should probably count
`./platforms/unix` as well, though at 85 kSLOC it hardly matters.

Corrections, clarifications, or elaboration would all be appreciated!

~ Ian

Details...

# Cuis

Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/packages: 101 kSLOC
Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/CoreUpdates: 22 kSLOC

# Cog

https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm

opensmalltalk-vm/src: 2,955 kSCLOC
opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/unix: 85 kSLOC

(all line counts taken with github.com/AlDanial/cloc v 1.82)