[Cuis-dev] Experimental Unicode TrueType text

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Apr 16 04:39:53 PDT 2019

Hi Gastón,

On 4/13/2019 12:37 AM, Gastón Caruso wrote:
> This is really cool! But I can’t imagine how would look the IDE using it.

:) Well, I'd keep using latin characters for Smalltalk coding, but an
app might want to use Cyrillic for example. Anyway, this was just an
experiment and I thought it looks nice enough to share.

> Did you use OpenCL for this? How was the performance?

No, it was just an experiment. I plan to have support for TrueType
fonts, but restricted to Latin Alphabet during this year. Should be able
to use both BitBlt or VectorGraphics / OpenCL.

Cheers,