[Cuis-dev] Interesting thoughts about Color

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 17:57:11 PDT 2019

Ken,

I'm not following your thinking here.   What other implementations of
things like #darker are you thinking of and how would renaming break
encapsulation?

As an example, let's say we had Form implement #darker which darkened the
image and Color where #darker returns a new, darker color.  I'd see that as
semantic overloading, not polymorphism.   And in the event we actually
wanted the Form implementation to return a new, darkened Form, how would
calling it #asDarkerForm break encapsulation?  To me, that's just making it
clear that you are not darkening the existing image but rather creating a
new one... I still have no idea what's going on inside the object, only
what I expect it to do/return.

Thanks,
Phil