[Cuis-dev] Converting Tonel packages

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Thu Aug 29 14:24:09 PDT 2019

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Cellier via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> writes:

> Woah, Thierry gave insight on the reasons that have driven the design
> decisions, and his view on the database nature of version control, he his
> not trying to sell Pharo solutions at all, but instead is trying to step
> back and give another perspective, unless I missunderstood...

the part that of tonel/filetree that they try to treat git as just a
database serialization layer is something I understood before his
explanations and I got angry, because that's not what I was asking for.

I was more interested into the results of the discussion between
Hernan and Dale. In hindsight I should have written a private mail to
him, which was my original intention but I sent it to the cuis
mailinglist by accident.

I need to excuse myself for my tone, which even after my best efforts,
wasn't in the right form for a text-only medium like email.

Thanks for your time,
Philip