[Cuis-dev] Package dependencies satisfaction (was Re: Converting Tonel packages)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Aug 30 05:55:41 PDT 2019

My only real experience comes from supporting OSProcess in Cuis. In
this case there have been no package dependency issues so far, but
if I look forward to adding CommandShell and RemoteTask then I guess
I will need to handle some dependency issues.

In Cuis, the approach is always to keep things simple and do not
put any unnecessary cruft into the image, so tools such as Metacello
would seem out of place. My guess is that they just will not be
necessary for any problems that I am likely to encounter.

if there was a need to explictly specify package versions I would
expect that the versions would simply be the existing git commits
(tools external to the image), and I would not expect to add any
additional tools within the image.

I guess I should try a few things and find out :-)

Dave