[Cuis-dev] Question on Morphic coordinates and transforms

Thierry Goubier thierry.goubier at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 08:01:43 PST 2019

Hi Ken,

thanks, I noticed that coordinates are local to the morph origin.

But I see code where they are local to the owner origin (and hence the
reason for Morph>>#externalize, Morph>>#internalize); this also shows
up in the event processing (where you have all those methods with an
additional parameter, #localPoint:) and in
Morph>>#containsPoint:event: where you have a call to #internalize:...

Or is that the Morphic API does not properly isolate the programmer
from the specifics of the coordinate system used? The API should take
care of all the internalize/externalize, right?

At the moment, I'm writing quite a lot of code where I have to
remember to add all those externalize / internalize calls all over the
place. And I have the feeling I should not have to do that.

Thierry