[Cuis-dev] UI freeze fix

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Thu Dec 26 06:51:37 PST 2019

Hi,
 I uploaded three changesets that finally solve this issue.
 The 3995 is the fix, if you look at it you will see it is a very simple
change. The problem was when there was an error simulating code. A new
process can not be created so the animatedUI ended up being nil. The change
I made only removes the current animatedUI if the new one could be created.
 3996 are a bunch of refactorings to make the stepIntoHome: a little bit
clearer.
 3997 opens the PreDebugWindow (as it used to be some time ago) for the
code simulation error, cmd+. and warnings. I think it is better to show the
pre debug window in those cases because: 1) opening the debuggers is
confusing because sometimes you do not  realize it is a different debugger
(specially newbies) 2) because if there is an error in the debugger,
opening the debugger generates a loop but opening the pre debugger window
can prevent that loop for happening.

 Juan is going to check these changes, but it would be great if you can try
them.
 To reproduce the 3995, just step into when debugging
"Debugger openContext: thisContext  label:'Code simulation error' contents:
nil"

Cheers!
Hernan.

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057