[Cuis-dev] DirectoryEntry and looping symlinks

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun May 5 13:05:07 PDT 2019

I just ran into an issue which isn't strictly a Cuis issue but it seems
like Cuis should handle it better.   The issue was a circular symlink (i.e.
/some/dir/path/loops where the loops item was a symlink that pointed back
to /some/dir) and I had messed up a package name so apparently Cuis started
searching for the bad package name.  So it ends up stumbling on this
looping symlink and froze in a loop until it OOM'd the VM.

Again, my bad symlinks aren't something I expect Cuis to fix, but it seems
like it should more gracefully handle situations like this.  Not sure if we
have a way to even detect symlinks from the image or if some sort of max
path depth check might be the way to go?