[Cuis-dev] README.md Documentation

Casey Ransberger bahweep at icloud.com
Sun May 5 20:56:29 PDT 2019

Below

> On Apr 25, 2019, at 1:36 PM, Phil B via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:
>
> Agreed (I'm guilty of that too). Also, a lot of that content should also be in the package description to make it easier to find in-image.
>
>> On Thu, Apr 25, 2019, 4:26 PM ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:
>> In taking steps to better documentation, I would appreciate better repo
>> ReadMe files.
>>
>> Note that I am not always good at this myself!
>>
>> When I look in a repo Foo, I am seeing things like:
>>
>>    Port of FooQ2 library to Cuis Smalltalk
>>
>> Actually stating some purpose in life would be quite helpful.
>>
>>    What does package Foo.pck.st do?
>>
>>    How would I use it?  Where would I look to find out? (e.g. class name)
>>

>> Thanks a bunch!
>> -KenD
>> --

If someone made a list of things that need better or updated documentation, I can dig in, investigate, talk to people etc and write some updated words. I’d have the advantage of “fresh eyes” in the sense that things have changed a lot since I was last in the loop.

It’ll help me catch up on the state of things in the system while I’m at it. Seems win/win, so I’m game to give it a shot. Doesn’t need to be limited to repo README stuff either. What’s in the image seems fair game too.

—Casey