[Cuis-dev] README.md Documentation

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed May 8 07:22:34 PDT 2019

On 2019-05-07 22:15, Casey Ransberger via Cuis-dev wrote:

> So, if we used PetitParser or Ometa, it seems like we’re making a
> potential new user install a parser-generator just to make sense of
> documentation. That seems a lot to ask, from my point of view, but it
> seems like the heart ❤️ of your idea is solid and resolute.

Casey,

How about turning this idea on its head?

Keep the README.md sections as methods which yield the text, then use a
composition method which iterated through them and spits out the markup
and text into a README.md file or, alternately, displays the formatted
text (+ optional graphic) in a package browser.

We could possibly prototype the Cuis display browser using TextEditor or
the Styled Text Editor.

I do like the idea of keeping basic documentation with code!

In packages with more that one obvious class, one could use a "Package
Documentation" class to (re)present the package.

$0.02,
-KenD