[Cuis-dev] [ChangeSet] Delete words with ctrl/alt + backspace on editors

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun May 19 06:58:53 PDT 2019

On 5/16/2019 6:21 PM, Nahuel Garbezza via Cuis-dev wrote:
> It's present in basically every text editor I used.
>
> I've been told (I don't have a mac to prove it :D) that in Macs it is
> done with Option+Backspace. Because Cmd+Backspace is equivalent to the
> "delete" key I think?

Nahuel, IIRC, on Mac Shift-Backspace is equivalent to "Delete" key. That
is handled in #backspace, and your change keeps it.

Hernán, I agree with Nahuel. Shouldn't it be Option-Backspace in any
other Mac editor? Doesn't it work like that with Nahuel's change?

To me, Nahuel's code looks OK. Maybe we'd add the same to
#forwardDelete:, as in Windows and Linux, ctrl-Delete deletes the word
to the next of the cursor.