[Cuis-dev] Temporary to Instance Variable refactor

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon May 20 04:10:11 PDT 2019

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 9:26 PM Eric Brandwein <brandweineric at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Hernán! I'll check your formatting changes so I can apply them in
> future contributions. Is there a 'Smalltalk formatting guidelines' or
> something that I could read to learn them? Maybe in the Terse Guide, I
> haven't checked actually.

There is... not only one convention but there are some basic guidelines.
Formatting conventions are a matter of taste, so it is not easy for all to
share the same conventions and it is always a matter of furious discussions
:-)

> About the comments:
>
> 1) The pipes are currently left empty when the last temporary variable is
> removed because it is not used, so I followed that convention. I do think
> that they should be removed though, but then we should implement the same
> behaviour when removing unused variables.

hmm generally if you don't declare temp var you don't put the || in the
method... I think it is better to remove them if there is no more temp var

> 2) & 3) I'll look into them!
>
> Cool!

Cheers!
Hernan.