[Cuis-dev] Making assumptions about source code without checking #compilerClass

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Thu May 23 01:35:35 PDT 2019

Took me a bit to find an easily reproducible example:

1. git clone https://github.com/pbella/OMeta-Cuis
2. open a Cuis5.0-3760 image
3. install the OMeta2Tests.pck.st from the directory the repo was cloned to
4. open a Message Names browser
5. search for 'form:' (without the quotes)
6. scroll down to the exact match and select it
7. right-click and select senders

At this point you should be looking at a 'key not found' error.  This isn't
the only error I'm running into, just the easiest one to reproduce so far.
 It happens whenever some bit of code-walking stuff for highlighting etc.
gets triggered since the OMeta extensions are largely just a facade.  If
editor code assumes that it's always parse-able and/or pokes at OMeta
methods too deeply, expected behaviors will fail.  Hence my suggestion that
we push that sort of functionality to something tied to #compilerClass that
I can either adapt for OMeta (where it translates) or disable (where it
doesn't).