[Cuis-dev] Making assumptions about source code without checking #compilerClass

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri May 24 05:14:14 PDT 2019

(inline and below)

On 5/23/2019 8:41 PM, Phil B wrote:
> Juan,
>
> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:02 AM Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org
> <mailto:juan at jvuletich.org>> wrote:
>
>     On a completely different node,
>     UnsavedChangesTo−OMeta2−jmv.1.cs.st <http://jmv.1.cs.st> and #3764
>     avoid the need to override a method in OMeta2Preload.st .
>

> Fantastic!  I'm in favor of any change that eliminates a (quite
> brittle) override.  I'll apply on the OMeta side once the main repo
> side stuff is in place.

Nice. There it goes.

>     Hopefully, OMeta2Preload.st could be made a .pck.st <http://pck.st>.
>

> I've looked at this a couple of times and each time have come to the
> conclusion that the cure is worse than the disease.  Yes, the loading
> process is a bit unconventional/ugly... but necessarily so given how
> OMeta works.

It loads easily, as OMeta2Preload.st is loaded automatically without the
user needing to care. It's perfectly OK for me.

>     Finally, Phil, I think having both
>     https://github.com/pbella/OMeta-Cuis  and
>     https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Parsers/tree/master/OMeta is
>     confusing. If you'd like to host it in the Cuis-Smalltalk org, I
>     can give you any permissions needed. If you prefer to host it at
>     https://github.com/pbella then in the Cuis-Smalltalk org I'd just
>     include an .md pointing to it.
>

> I'd rather keep it in my repo.  Since I'm the biggest (only active?)
> user of it and until today have been the only one working on it
> (though I'm quite happy to have you break my streak!), there really
> isn't much benefit in having it somewhere else.  On the flip side,
> there is tremendous downside as a seemingly trivial change to it could
> completely screw things up for me as I'm surely (inadvertently)
> depending on some of its quirks.
>

>     HTH.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     --
>     Juan Vuletich
>     www.cuis-smalltalk.org  <http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org>
>     https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev
>     https://github.com/jvuletich
>     https://www.linkedin.com/in/juan-vuletich-75611b3
>     @JuanVuletich
>

> Thanks,
> Phil

The 'HelpOMeta' changeset is at GitHub now. For the
"missingSourceRanges" changeset, I'd like to have Hernán's review before
pushing it.

Also cleared https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Parsers/tree/master/OMeta .