[Cuis-dev] [Integrated] Re: Fix for SequentiableCollection>>combinations:atATimeDo:

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Sat May 25 06:05:55 PDT 2019

Hi Luciano,
 thank you for the fix. It is integrated now and I added a couple of tests
to SequenceableCollectionTest, one when k is cero and another for the
normal case.

 When I wrote the test for the normal case I notice that the collection
passed as parameter to the block it is always the name and therefore the
following test fails:
testCombinationsAtATimeDoWorksAsExpected

| combinations |

combinations := OrderedCollection new.
'abc' combinations: 2 atATimeDo: [ :combination | combinations add:
combination].

self assert: 3 equals: combinations size.
self assert: (combinations includes: #($a $b)).
self assert: (combinations includes: #($a $c)).
self assert: (combinations includes: #($b $c)).

To make it pass I had to make a copy of combination.
'abc' combinations: 2 atATimeDo: [ :combination | combinations add:
combination *copy*].

Is that the expected behavior? It looks weird to me... I would expect
combination to be different collections on each iteration...

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 1:13 PM Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> The method was failing for the corner case of "combinations of 0
> elements". Here's the fix.

*HernĂ¡n WilkinsonAgile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching*
*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*