[Cuis-dev] Additional TrueType fonts

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Oct 8 03:11:49 PDT 2019

On 10/8/2019 12:15 AM, Andres Valloud via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi there, do you have a quick tip on how to get these fonts going?  TIA!
>
> On 9/7/19 05:21, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I've just added Computer Modern, Concrete Roman and AMS Euler fonts
>> to the optional fonts folder. They look great, especially at HiDPI
>> screens.
>>
>> Cheers,

Hi Andrés,

To load the fonts just do World / Preferences... / Load additional
fonts. To select one of them, do World / Preferences / Set font... To
choose a different size, do World / Preferences / Font Sizes...

For good quality, it is important for Cuis to run at native display
resolution. For this, you need to know the physical pixel resolution of
the display. After setting Cuis in full screen (World / Preferences /
Full screen on, or full-screen green window button on MacOS), evaluating
'Display extent' should match it. This is usually pretty easy on Windows
and Linux, and a bit more difficult in MacOS on Retina displays.

HTH.