[Cuis-dev] Something strange going on with package dependency version numbers

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:15:12 PDT 2019

Just a heads up as I haven't tracked this down yet: I believe there is a
problem with the recent package dependency fixes and it's really a pain.  I
just attempted to rebuild my image from the latest base image and had a
number of dependency errors due to wrong dependency version numbers.  What
appears to be happening is that, at least sometimes, when I change and save
a package with dependencies it is incrementing both the package version
number and the version number of at least some of the dependencies even
though they haven't changed.  I'm fairly certain of this after checking a
couple of the dependency version numbers and they can't be right because
file timestamps of the target packages haven't changed in over a month.

In case the above isn't clear: given package A which has a dependency on
package B.  Make some changes to A and save.  When you attempt to reload,
package A may now indicated a dependency which requires a version (or
multiple versions) higher than what package B provides.