[Cuis-dev] [Ann] Refinements to Exception handling

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Sun Oct 13 07:40:31 PDT 2019

Hi,
 I think that forbidden a non local return in an exception handler is not
really the solution... Although I understand the motivation I think that
changing the exception handling mechanism would be better.
 I'm going to take a look at it to see if it is possible to do it.

Hernan.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 10:48 AM Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Some time ago, Andrés (with just a tad of help from me) fixed a problem
> in Exception handling. If exception handler blocks do non-local return
> (^stuff), they will skip execution of part of the Exception handling
> system code, breaking exception return values and possibly other 'bad
> things'.
>
> I just pushed to GitHub a few updates with this work. Now, if an
> exception handler does a non-local return, an Error will be raised. We
> also fixed a couple of places in the image where this was being done.
> BaseImageTests pass.
>
> This updates have some risk of breaking your code. If you you get this
> error: 'Exception handler blocks must not do non local returns', then
> you need to adjust your code. See updates #3917 to #3922 for the changes
> done to the base image.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Juan Vuletich