[Cuis-dev] [ANN] Experiment with Cairo graphics [UPDATE]

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 20:55:50 PDT 2019

El 15/10/19 a las 00:36, Gastón Caruso via Cuis-dev escribió:
> This is awesome! How hard would it be to render a SystemBrowser with
> this? Let me know if I can help you!

Help is always welcomed.

There at least two things that need improvement:

1) Text rendering. I'm using cairo_show_text, but that is considered toy
api. I'm not sure what would be the best way to render text. Also, it is
complicated because measurings are being done with Cuis fonts, and then
those measures are used, but to render the Cairo fonts, which sizes are
not the same.

2) Blending of images. I haven't been able to draw images in CairoCanvas
wih transparency. The relevant method is CairoCanvas>image:at: . It
loads a Cairo surface with the image first, and then paints that surface
on the main screen surface, but the transparency is somehow lost.

Cheers,

Mariano