[Cuis-dev] Exception handler blocks with non-local returns

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Oct 15 14:50:49 PDT 2019

On 2019-10-15 08:00, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:

> For completeness, this is how I handled the #on:do: #retry #outer etc.
> semantics in Scheme.

The Crosstalk (St in Scheme) has the same semantics as the (older) Cuis
image:

Image Workspace [3795-32 image]:

     ExceptionExample new breakingStuff. "--> #thwartedBadly "
     ExceptionExample new workingStuff.  "--> #thwartedProperly"

Crosstalk (Larceny Scheme interpreter):

     > (st-eval "ExceptionExample new workingStuff")
     thwartedProperly

     > (st-eval "ExceptionExample new breakingStuff")
     thwartedBadly

The Ex-examples.scm file shows where the #return continuation is
captured.

FYI,
-KenD