[Cuis-dev] Runtime linter

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 19:17:47 PDT 2019

Hernan,

I got to thinking and realized the previous version focused too much
attention on what I was trying to do with the notifications rather than the
notifications themselves and what they allowed for.  It wasn't a big deal
to retrofit to use a Notification subclass so I went ahead and did it
(attached... these replace the previous attachments)  One nice thing about
this is it eliminates the SystemDictionary extensions... they are now
class-side on LintNotification.

Hopefully these changes make the customization aspect a bit clearer.  The
main idea is really to have us get out of the business of deciding on a
case-by-case basis 'how' this type of information is presented, and focus
instead on 'what' is to be presented with a hint as to what might be
appropriate for the 'how'.  Then provide a basic framework with some sane
defaults to the user as a starting point and let them customize it as they
see fit.  This makes more sense to me than trying to achieve consensus in
an area that I believe is quite subjective.

Thanks,
Phil