[Cuis-dev] Browser class hierarchy & functionality

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 10:17:33 PDT 2019

I was looking into adding the ability to easily analyze/diff two sources of
Smalltalk code (i.e. basically the same image vs. changeset or image vs.
package functionality we currently have but expanding the capability to
allow for any two arbitrary sources whether changesets vs. changeset,
package vs. package, package vs. changeset or some other pairing entirely)
and it seems a bit harder than it needs to be since the existing
implementation assumes you will always be comparing the image vs. something
else.

If this already exists and I'm looking in the wrong place, pointers are
appreciated.  If it doesn't, would there be any objection to
modifying/cleaning up this code so that we could optionally set an 'other'
Code*Browser that would be used rather than always assuming the image?  A
related enhancement could be to make the Code*Browser code a bit smarter so
that we don't need to explicitly determine if 'this is a package' or 'this
is a changeset' unless you want to.  Basically I'm asking if we would be
willing to trade a (slight) increase in implementation complexity for
increased code source flexibility here?